Finding ways to express your gratitude: When you want to thank your donor

Posted August 13th, 2013 by Be The Match and filed in News, Patient Stories

Clara photo with captionI have no idea how to thank you or how to really begin the conversation with you … It’s kind of impossible to truly express our gratitude … You made a choice that many  people don’t make. Your choice, self-sacrifice and prayers saved our daughter’s life.”

How you choose to thank your donor is a personal decision. Even if a face-to-face meeting is not possible, there are ways to express your gratitude. Just ask Brooke. When her infant daughter Clara received a transplant for AML, she wrote an anonymous note to Clara’s donor.

While Clara and her mom were able to eventually meet her donor, that’s not always the case. “Some donors have personal reasons for choosing to remain anonymous,” said post-·transplant communications liaison Lynne Snediker, Be The Match. “Although in my experience, most requests for direct contact are accepted. If travel expenses, time off work and scheduling conflicts make it difficult to meet face-to-face, phone calls, emails, cards and letters are a great way to make a personal connection. Any heartfelt expression can mean a lot to you and the donor.”

Want to know more about how to contact your donor? Contact your transplant center or visit BeTheMatch/ContactwithDonor.

Read more about Clara meeting her donor.

43 Responses to “Finding ways to express your gratitude: When you want to thank your donor”

1. Denise Iorio says:

Great story. Ironically I just met my donor who came over from Germany for a visit first time to US and finally to meet me and my family for the first time. I had a stem cell transplant almost 4 yea rt s ago. I too was writing cards and letters for all that time and was greatful for this lifelong connection.

2. Brenda Reiner says:

I just found out who my donor was, he is also from germany. How do I connect with him since I don’t know german? I want to talk to him and thank him.

Hi Brenda, great question! If you want to connect with our Patient Services team here at Be The Match we can help answer questions about next steps and provide resources for you. Please call (612) 627-8140 or e-mail patientinfo@nmdp.org

3. Mike says:

Another issue that when an international donor or recipient is involved, the policies of the involved country apply. More than a few countries totally prohibit direct donor/recipient contact. A few even prohibit anonymous contact.

4. bayan escort says:

Incredible story. Humorously I simply met my contributor who came over from Germany for a visit first time to US and at last to reach me and my family to many people’s surprise. I had an undifferentiated cell transplant just about 4 yea rt s back. I excessively was composition cards and letters for all that time and was greatful for this long lasting association.

5. escort bayan says:

Extraordinary story. Unexpectedly I simply met my giver who came over from Germany for a visit first time to US and at long last to reach me and my family shockingly. I had an undifferentiated cell transplant very nearly 4 yea rt s back. I excessively was written work cards and letters for all that time and was greatful for this long lasting association.

6. escort bayan says:

7. lianne2810 says:

Hello. Have you figured out steps to make a site cell phone warm and friendly?
    I’m looking for a style or wordpress tool that could possibly take care of this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share.
    Brief inquiry that’s entirely from area.
    My website seems to be weird when surfing around.

8. sarah says:

I want to update you all on the good news that have just happen in my life i that i never believe because i own my bank a lot of money that i use in building my house here in USA i tried many online loan lender’s but non work out for me then i have to sell off one of my kidney and A friend of my directed me to Mr max an agent who help me to sell my kidney and the operation was successful and now i and my family are happy again as i have been able to pay back all my bills that i own If any is in need of help you can contact him on his email: indiasafemedtrip1@yahoo.com

9. Dr. Leo Gomez says:

Hi friends greeting from Apollo Hospital India (Dr. Leo Gomez).
    Specialist hospital that buy human kidney.
    If you are Interested in Selling or buying Kidney
    Please do not hesitate to contact us.

Phone number : +919167859153
    Email : apollohospitalkidneydep@gmail.com
    Dr. Leo Gomez

10. Dr Jolly says:

Attention,
    Welcome to Abuja Kidney foundation center
    Are you interested in selling your kidney to overcome all your financial problem, Welcome to Abuja Kidney foundation center. We offer free, no obligation assistance to international patients to find world class medical treatment.
    Do you want to buy a Kidney or you want to sell your kidney? Are you seeking for an opportunity to sell your kidney for money due to financial break down and you don’t know what to do, then contact us today and we shall offer you good amount of money for your Kidney we specialize for top class medical treatment like Heart Surgery, Cancer Care, Spinal fusion surgery , sleeve mastectomy surgery , and other major surgeries. contact us now via: abujakidneyfoundationcenter@gmail.com . Good luck Good luck to you.

Best Regard
    Dr Jolly

11. Donya Hockett says:

OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE QUICK MONEY FOR KIDNEY DONORS;WE ARE URGENTLY IN NEED OF

KIDNEY DONORS FOR WITH THE SUM OF $450,000,00, CONTACT US NOW ON VIA EMAIL FOR

MORE DETAILS. Email: donyahockett055@gmail.com
    Phone NUmber:+91-7418483326
    Watsup:+91-7418483326

12. Donya Hockett says:

We are urgently in need of organs donors,Call for Details Watsup:+91-7418483326
    Email: donyahockett055@gmail.com
    Watsup:+91-7418483326

13. sanda john says:

Hello everyone, My name is (Mrs Sandra Villa) and am talking as the happiest woman in the whole wide world today and i told myself that any Hospital that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wild world and am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was seriously in need to sell my Kidneys,to start my life all over as i am a single mom with 3 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i met the GOD sent Man that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing Man, DR Smith ravin, he was the Savior that GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received The Half of the money in my bank account. i will advise any one who is in genuine That want to sell His Or Her Kidneys to contact Dr Henry Morgan via email at (drsmithravin@gmail.com)because he is the most understanding and kind hearten Man i have aver meet online,he is good and honest man that has the heart of helping people to buy there Kidneys without scamming them of there money,Am so grateful for the help he has render to me and my entire family,God will continue to bless him,And please kindly inform him that I Mrs Sandra Villa referred you to him,because that was the promise i made to him,I wish you all great success,

E-mail: drsmithravin@gmail.com

14. Andrey says:

Hello, I have a lot of people who want to sell the kidney! I’m looking for serious people for cooperation! andreyy.kozakov@rambler.ru

15. Dr Austin Betel says:

Max Healthcare is urgently in need of kidney donor for the sum of 3 crore 30 lakh ($350,000.00) If any one is willing to donate should please contact us on : austinbetel@yahoo.com OR Whatsapp Or Call +917900190905
    Dr. Austin Betel

16. Doctor Richard Smit says:

Sai Sri Hospital is urgently in need of kidney donors with A,O,or B blood, Donors will be awarded with the amount of($390,000.00). We are located in Malaysia, Canada, South Africa,India ,UK Turkey and all over UAE, Interested person should kindly contact us and you will be highly rewarded with this amount immediately. All email should be send to:saisrikidneydepartment@gmail.com WhatsApp number: +918525001532 Call @ +919677354815 Doctor Richard Smitt

17. Micheal Varghese says:

Are you interested in selling one of your kidney for a good amount kindly Contact us now as we are looking for kidney donor, Very urgently who are B+ve , O+ve and A+ve. Donor should be 18 years or above. Interested Donor should contact us now.
    Dr. Micheal Varghese
    Email: drmichealvarghes@gmail.com
    call number: +919500703584
    WhatsApp: +919500703584

18. Kokilaben Hospital says:

We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $450,000,00,All donors are to reply via Email only Email: kolilabenhospital@gmail.com

19. PRAMOD KUMAR says:

Do you want to sell your kidney for money? Are you seeking for an opportunity to sell your kidney for money due to financial break down and you don’t know what to do, then contact us today and we shall offer you good amount for your Kidney. WhatsApp +918867413844 or email pramodtransplant7@gmail.com

Dr Pramod
    WhatsApp +918867413844

20. PRAMOD KUMAR says:

Dr Pramod
    WhatsApp +918867413844
    MANIPAL HOSPITAL

21. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital says:

D0NATE OR SELL YOUR K1DNEYS WITH THE SUM OF 500,000.00 USD,EMAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION : EMAIL : kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com

22. Hosein says:

I want to sell my kidneys. Please contact only the actual buyer. E-mail hoseinnazari735@yahoo.com WhatsApp number 989356375352

23. DR Pramod says:

Organ Required A+, B+, O+, blood group between the age of 17-65 WhatsApp +917349303221 or Email : pramodtransplant7@gmail.com
    We give you the best price

Thanks
    WhatsApp +917349303221

24. mohammed says:

Hello, We’re looking for kidney donors We are located in Indian, Canada, UK, Turkey, USA, Malaysia, South Africa,Jordan etc Very urgently. B ve , O ve and A ve with a passports/ Voters card or Pan-card and age should be more than 19 years. Interested person’s should contact us via Email: alimohammed5932@gmail.com
    Best Regards
    Whatsapp: +905338534346
    Whatsapp: +905338534346

25. Dr williams says:

Do you need money,hurry now,donate a k1dney and get 5crore,2.5crore before surgery then after surgery balance 2.5crore, whatsapp 9606671985 you can also contact us on email on (columbisasiahospital@surgical.net)

26. Dr williams says:

This is to notify all that healthy k1dney donors are needed from all blood groups in columbia asia hospital,each donor gets 5crore hurry now and whatsapp 9606671985 you can also contact us on email on (columbisasiahospital@surgical.net)

27. Dr.Jeff Randy says:

This is to inform the general public Male or Female who are healthy and serious in selling their kidney should urgently contact As we are looking for kidney donor, Very urgently who are B+ve , O+ve and A+ve. Donor should be 18 years or above. Interested Donor should contact us now.
    Dr.Jeff Randy,

Phone Number: +918587054435
    Email:kidneyh77@gmail.com

28. Dr.Jeff Randy says:

Do you want to buy or sell your kidney, Hitech kidney stone hospital, is urgently in need for O+ve B+ve and A+ve kidney donor. If any one is willing to donate or buy please contact us for more information on My regard
    Dr.Jeff Randy,

Phone Number: +918587054435
    Email:kidneyh77@gmail.com

29. Dr.Jeff Randy says:

This is to inform the general public Male or Female who are healthy and serious in selling their Kidney donor is urgently needed A+, B+, O+, blood group donors between the age of 20-65. We give you all the entire best attempt, we will give you honest price and best treatment for your transplant as top best medical treatment it will help your future life, kindly contact us for more information:Number: +918587054435
    Email: kidneyh77@gmail.com

30. Dr.Jeff Randy says:

Kidney donor is needed in Hitech kidney stone hospital, A+, B+, O+, blood group donors between the age of 20-65. We give you all the entire best attempt, we will give you honest price for your donation & top best medical treatment it will help your future life, kindly contact us for more information. Phone Number: +918587054435, Email: kidneyh77@gmail.com

31. Dr Kenmond says:

We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Cloud Nine Kidney Center in the sum of 4 CRORES, Contact us now,We are located in India for more details Via Email: cloud9kidneycentre@gmail.com
    Whats’App:+919620672655
    DR.Morris Hulgan

32. Dr Kenmond says:

WE ARE URGENTLY IN NEED OF KIDNEY DONORS,WITH THE SUM OF [$800,000USD,]{6crore}CONTACT US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
    Email::manipalkidneytransplanthosp@gmail.com
    Phone Number::+918123316941
    WhatsApp ::+918123316941
    Dr Kenmond
    Best regard

33. Doctor Verma says:

We are urgently in need of kidney donors in GLOBAL Specialist Hospital India for the sum of ($800,000,00 USD) Equivalent to (6 Crores) India rupees,All donors are to reply via Email::Globalspecialisttransplant@gmail.com
    Name Doctor Verma
    Call Number +918050579601
    Whats~app Number +918050579601

34. Dr.Morris Hulgan says:

WE ARE URGENTLY IN NEED OF KIDNEY DONORS,WITH THE SUM OF [$600,000USD,]{4 crore}CONTACT US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
    Email::cloud9kidneycentre@gmail.com
    WhatsApp ::+919620672655
    Dr Morris Hulgan
    Best regard

35. Doctor Verma says:

Name Doctor Verma
    Call Number +918050579601
    Whats~app Number +918050579601

36. Doctor Verma says:

Name Doctor Verma
    Call Number 918050579601
    Whats~app Number 918050579601

37. Dr Kenmond says:

k1dney is bought for a maximum amount of 6 Crore,Rupees Our is Specialist Hospital in Kidney Surgery and we also deal with transplantation of kidneys with a living and corresponding donor. We are located in India, Canada, UK, Turkey, USA, Malaysia, South Africa etc.If you are interested in selling or buying kidney’s please don’t hesitate to contact us Email::manipalkidneytransplanthosp@gmail.com
    Phone Number::+918123316941
    WhatsApp ::+918123316941
    Dr Kenmond
    Best regard

38. Doctor Verma says:

Greeting from GLOBAL HOSPITAL, urgently contact us now as we have a lot of patients who are here for kidney transplant, and we shall offer you ($800,000.00USD)(6CR) for your Kidney. Our Hospital is specialized in Kidney Surgery/transplant and other organ treatment, we also deal with buying and transplantation of kidneys with a living and healthy donor. If you are interested in selling your kidney, contact
    Email::Globalspecialisttransplant@gmail.com
    Phone Number::+918050579601
    WhatsApp ::+918050579601
    Doctor Verma
    Best regard

39. Dr Kenmond says:

k1dney is bought for a maximum amount of 6 Crore,Rupees Our is Specialist Hospital in K1dney Surgery and we also deal with transplantation of k1dneys with a living and corresponding donor. We are located in India, Canada, UK, Turkey, USA, Malaysia, South Africa etc.If you are interested in selling or buying k1dney’s please don’t hesitate to contact us Email::manipalkidneytransplanthosp@gmail.com
    Phone Number:: 918123316941

Phone Number::+918050579601
    WhatsApp ::+918050579601
    Doctor Verma
    Best regard

42. Lifesaver says:

Hello everyone,
    this is to inform the general public that healthy Kidney donors are needed from all blood groups, We will give you honest price and best treatment for your transplant as top best medical treatment, You can donate or support your helps improve the lives of kidney patients & their families. contact us at: kidneyfdinc@gmail.com