Have you donated your baby’s cord blood?

Posted March 22nd, 2012 by Be The Match and filed in Donor Stories

Have you donated your baby’s umbilical cord blood to a public cord blood bank? We’d like to hear your story: How you learned about public cord blood donation, and why you decided to donate.
Share your story!

6 Responses to “Have you donated your baby’s cord blood?”

1. Website Value says:

I had, actually my wife agreed with it, like me. I don’t know the story, a friend of my wife’s told us about this, and that’s all. Why donating? Because it does matter.

2. Sandra Cann says:

11 years We had told our doctor that we wanted to donate our firstborn’s cord blood, but I went into premature labor and the hospital did not have the materials present to complete the donation. When my sons were born 3, and 5 years later, we requested to make the donations (early on in my pregnancy). All materials were ready and we donated both of theirs. Hopefully their cord blood has been useful to someone else.

3. Americord Registry says:

Cord Blood Bank Cost Comparison

4. Americord Registry says:

Intestinal Illness

5. Angela Swenson says:

A little over 6 years ago I was matched as a donor to give my bone marrow. I went through the entire process of being tested and interviewed of medical history and everything that is involved. I was ready to donate to help save a life. I was very excited! Right before I was scheduled to make my donation, the doctor told me I was pregnant with my first child. Although I was excited about the potential of becoming a mother, I was devastated at the news of not being able to help a person (who was so closely related in DNA) live their life cancer-free….I sent my brother in to get tested as my replacement. He was not a match and would not be a match for me either. When my son was born, I donated his cord-blood for the potential of saving another life out there…maybe even his own some day. In case your wondering, after my son was born, I did call in and said that I was ready to make my donation, and they told me that it was no longer needed. The news broke my heart! I morned this person as if I had known and loved them…and they might have found somebody else to donate. I never knew what happened. Luckily, I have been called again as a match to donate my bone marrow. I have been given another chance!! I can not wait!! NOTHING will stop me now!

6. Heather says:

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

Heather