What makes you, you?

Posted March 12th, 2012 by Be The Match and filed in Donor Stories, News, Patient Stories

Be The Match® has launched My Social StrandSM, a fun, interactive website that uses Facebook to discover and share the things that make people unique. From friends and family to traits and quirks, the result is a shareable, dynamic and highly personalized graphic snapshot that includes personality traits, activities, relationships and more.

Find out if you have more friends than the average Facebook user, who’s your most supportive friend and much more when you create your social strand!

You will also learn more about Be The Match during the process of creating your personal profile. We are all unique, yet we are all connected in some way. The qualities that make you, you are also the ones that could save a life.

You can help spread the word!

• Create your own social strand and share your profile through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or email.
  • Encourage your networks to check out My Social Strand.
  • Blog and/or tweet about My Social Strand and encourage readers to create their own profile, and then share their results with you and their networks.

Have fun learning about your social strand, and help us spread the word!

11 Responses to “What makes you, you?”

1. Jessica Glenn says:

Every time I click on a link to the social strand, I get this error message.

Unable to connect to MongoDB: Transport endpoint is not connected

2. Maureen Goldsmith says:

I’m getting that error message too, so it’s not just you Jessica. I think this is a really good idea and I hope the link gets fixed soon!!!

3. Lara says:

I get to the pie and then the “Next” button doesn’t work anymore. I click, wait, click, wait, nothing ever happens. Can’t go back either. It’s a good idea but maybe not totally ready to function.

4. autumn says:

I was wondering how long it took to b used for a match and um unable to log n2 the webaite to see my account.

5. althea says:

When I click on “getting started” I get an error message that reads “invalid info”

6. Lynn Treadwell says:

Our friends and advocates are awesome. I think they all went to the My Social Strand website at once. Please try again!

7. Website Value says:

Being ourselves makes us what we are and what we are makes us us. All the people are unique, different, and that’s a great thing. We’re all special in our own way.

8. zeusfather says:

I am now not sure the place you’re getting your information, but good topic. I must spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was searching for this info for my mission.

9. JD says:

Interesting tool!

10. Steve in Minneapolis says:

Seems like a fun tool and for a great way to spread the word about Be The Match, but I’m getting an error message as well.

@Steve, sorry you are getting an error message. Can you tell me more about what is happening and what internet browser you are using? You can email me directly at interactiveteam@nmdp.org.